1.3 For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Buzz Capital Services Limited.
2. Information we may collect from you
- We may collect and process the following data about you:
- technical information: this will include information such as the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit: this will including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time); page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page;
- personal information if voluntarily provided by you, including name and email addresses as may be provided by you by email or telephone when contacting us or creating user profiles; and
- statistical information about your visit to the Website including the pages you visited and which browsers are used to visit the Website.
3. Use of information
3.1 We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- to administer the Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and
- as part of our efforts to keep the Website safe and secure.
3.2 At times, we may utilise e-mail and your personal information to provide you with information that you have requested.
4.1 We may share your personal information with:
- any member of the Buzz Capital group, including our parent, subsidiaries and associates
- directors, consultants, agents and employees of the Buzz Capital group;
- affiliates of Buzz Capital;
- analytics, platform and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Website, including Lead Forensics and Google Analytics; and
- credit reference agencies for the purposes outlined in clause 5 herein.
4.2 We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets or their advisors;
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it, including about its investors will be one of the transferred assets; and
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data by law or in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply the Terms and Conditions, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Buzz Capital group.
4.4 In order to process your application, we will perform credit and identity checks on you with one or more credit reference agencies (“CRAs”). To do this, we will supply your personal information to CRAs and they will give us information about you. This will include information from your credit application and about your financial situation and financial history. CRAs will supply to us both public (including the electoral register) and shared credit, financial situation and financial history information and fraud prevention information. We will use this information to:
- Assess your creditworthiness and whether you can afford to take the product;
- Verify the accuracy of the data you have provided to us;
- Prevent criminal activity, fraud and money laundering;
- Manage your account(s);
- Trace and recover debts; and
- Ensure any offers provided to you are appropriate to your circumstances.
We will continue to exchange information about you with CRAs while you have a relationship with us. We will also inform the CRAs about your settled accounts. If you borrow and do not repay in full and on time, CRAs will record the outstanding debt. This information may be supplied to other organizations by CRAs.
When CRAs receive a search from us they will place a search footprint on your credit file that may be seen by other lenders.
If you are making a joint application or tell us that you have a spouse or financial associate, we will link your records together, so you should make sure you discuss this with them, and share with them this information, before lodging the application. CRAs will also link your records together and these links will remain on your and their files until such time as you or your partner successfully files for a disassociation with the CRAs to break that link.
The identities of the CRAs, their role also as fraud prevention agencies, the data they hold, the ways in which they use and share personal information, data retention periods and your data protection rights with the CRAs are explained in more detail at www.experian.co.uk/crain.
CRAIN is also accessible from each of the three CRAs – clicking on any of these three links will also take you to the same CRAIN document: Callcredit www.callcredit.co.uk/crain; Equifax www.equifax.co.uk/crain; Experian www.experian.co.uk/crain.
5. Your rights
6. Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information we hold about you. You may exercise your right under the Act to access such information by submitting a subject access request to email@example.com.
We acknowledge your trust and are committed to protecting the information you provide us. Whilst we cannot guarantee the security of your information at all times, in order to prevent unauthorised access, maintain accuracy, and ensure proper use of information, we have employed physical, electronic, and managerial processes to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Any information that you give us is protected by a password for added security. Within our Website, your information is stored in password-protected, limited-access servers.
10. Terms and Conditions
Use of the Website is subject to our Terms and Conditions.
12. Governing Law and Jurisdiction